Sunday 9 January 2011

Made a Start!!!

I have never felt so nervous about starting an art journal, I wasn't sure where to start and seemed to have asked everyone silly question's, but yesterday I took the plunge and got a little messy.. well I played with Distress Ink's mainly it's a bit safe to my style of scrapbooking at the mo but hopefully I will challenge myself as I find my feet.....

I am hoping to follow nettyb in her 52Q Challenge she has set on UKSCRAPPERS, with being something new to me thought it might help me along the way of my Art Journaling Journey...

So here are some pic's (sorry about quality light not to good this morning)

Front Cover... I still have to add my Title and maybe some embellies...


First Page... Again need to add some kind of a title and some journalling thought a little personal message about my journey into something new...

First Entry... Well again not really finished but it's getting there, I used oil pastels to start but was a little to bright so out came the paint and I smudged it on with my fingers for a random look, still not right and by this time scaring me and the people sitting with me out came the torn book pages, Distress Ink's and the doodling pen, oh and I found some cork and tore up... I have started to title this 'Hopes for 2011' which is the first prompt for the challenge and have my journalling to add but I am still thinking about what my hopes are...


Well I hope I am heading in the right direction with my journal, might do a month page too and use as a diary if given the chance to play before the month is over lol..

3 comments:

  1. Great start to your journal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh its fabulous. I know what you mean about starting your journal LOL ... I'm doing the 52q's too and I'm putting off starting

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking fabulous Chell! So glad you've taken the plunge.

    ReplyDelete